The Infrastructure Group was created in 1990, consolidating the activities of four Met Section technical groups: Engineering Management, Transportation, Environmental Engineering, and Urban Planning.
The mission of Infrastructure Group is:
- To gather the latest information on the planning, design, construction, maintenance and repair of the New York City Metropolitan region's infrastructure subsystems (e.g., electric power and communications, gas and liquid fuels, transportation, water supply, and sewerage).
- To actively encourage the development of communication channels and foster a dialogue among the engineering community, the construction industry, public and governmental authorities and agencies, as well as the public at-large.
- To disseminate the latest information to as large an audience as possible and thereby make a tangible contribution towards improving the quality of life in the New York City Metropolitan area.
Infrastructure Group Sponsors
The Infrastructure Group wishes to thank the following companies for their sponsorship. Their generous contributions are highly appreciated and help us to support our activities and scholarship to Civil Engineering students.
- Arora and Associates, P.C.
- RSA Protective Technologies, LLC
Past and Future Activities
The Infrastructure Group has organized a number of conferences and seminars. Proceedings are still available for the seminars held from 2001-2013 at $35 each + $5 shipping. Please contact the Infrastructure Group chair to order.
Meetings are usually held on the third Tuesday of each month. Upcoming Infrastructure Group lectures are shown in the calendar on the right side of this page.
Lectures, worth 1.5 PDH each, are held from 6:00-7:30 pm at Polytechnic Institute of NYU, Pfizer Auditorium, Dibner Building, 5 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201. Refreshments are served from 5:30 to 6:00 pm.
A two day seminar worth 10.0 PDH is held for two days during the last week of March/first week of April from 2:15-9:00 pm on the first day and 2:30-9:00 pm on the second day.
New Members are Welcome
Prospective members from any of the infrastructure specialties and expertise willing to contribute to the group should contact the Infrastructure Group chair.
Future speakers for our lectures and seminars are also encouraged to contact the Infrastructure Group chair with proposed topics and ideas for presentations.