ASCE offers scholarships and fellowships to engineering students who are ASCE members. Applications are accepted in the spring for the following semester. The Met Section's scholarship committee awards annual scholarships to active members of student chapters in the Met Section and children of Met Section members (see below). Additionally, the Lower Hudson Valley Branch presents annual scholarships to students pursuing a college degree in civil engineering.
ASCE Met Section Scholarships
The ASCE Met Section is seeking candidates for up to $5,000 scholarships to be awarded to active Student Chapter members. The awards will be presented at the Scholarship Luncheon.
Candidates must be in one of the following Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management categories to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Undergraduate students, completing their Sophomore or Junior year and pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited program. This category also includes students who have completed their A.A.S degree and provide documentation of acceptance to an accredited Bachelor's degree program.
- Associate's Degree students in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management, and have completed a minimum of 45 credits.
- Undergraduate students, completing their Senior year, or Graduate Degree students enrolled in an accredited post-graduate, Civil Engineering program.
- High school seniors enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering program.
Candidates must also meet all the following criteria:
- Be an ASCE Student Member or High School Senior, in good standing.
- Attend, or be registered to attend, a college either within the ASCE Met Section geographical boundaries (the Met Section includes New York City and Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester Counties) or outside the ASCE Met Section geographical boundaries, if the child of a member of the ASCE Met Section.
- Have not previously received an ASCE Met Section scholarship during their academic career.
Candidates must submit the following information for consideration:
- A completed ASCE Met Section scholarship application form.
- An official transcript indicating course grades and grade point average (3.0 minimum to apply).
- A one-page, typed essay stating their career goals and aspirations in the field of Civil Engineering. The essay shall be 500 words, or less.
- A questionnaire about the applicant, to be completed by the Student Chapter Faculty Advisor.
- A brief resume of work experience, community service and other extracurricular activities.
- A detailed description of activities and achievements accomplished in the Student Chapter.
To apply for the scholarships, candidates must submit an application package of the information listed to the address below. The deadline for receipt of application packages is April 22, 2016.
Chair – ASCE Met Section Scholarship Committee
605 Third Avenue – 29th Floor
New York, NY 10158
Scholarship winners will be notified by May 6, 2016. Any questions shall be sent via email to Indhira Figuereo at
ASCE Met Section Scholarship Recipients
2016 Marisa Budziszewski, Manhattan College
2016 Yehuda Holzer, City College of New York
2016 Sean Sonneman, Manhattan College
2016 Eric Steigner, Stony Brook University
2016 Sandra Torres, NYC College of Technology
2015 Vincent J. Terrone III, Manhattan College
2015 Andrew A. Foertsch, Manhattan College
2015 Sutenee Nopachinda, Polytechnic Institute of NYU
2015 Andrey Kovalev, Cooper Union
2015 Jonathan Rosen, City College of New York
2014 Morgan DiCarlo, Stony Brook University
2014 Daniel Hussey, Manhattan College
2014 Brian Manning, Manhattan College
2014 Angelina Thomas, Nassau Community College
2014 Lana Kalaitzis, NYC College of Technology
2013 Florina Pupla, NYC College of Technology
2013 Brendan Page, Manhattan College
2013 Sebastian Tinazzi, NYC College of Technology
2013 Demetrio Criscuolo, Polytechnic Institute of NYU
2012 Alberto Morgante, Manhattan College
2012 Anthony Piderit, Manhattan College
2012 Steven Tsz Yu Wong, Columbia University
2011 Alvaro Aranguren, Manhattan College
2011 Cindy Huang, Columbia University
2011 Gavin Kwan, Polytechnic Institute of NYU
2011 Xin Lin, City College of New York
2011 Saad Naeem, Polytechnic Institute of NYU
2010 Alan Markov, NYC College of Technology
2010 Sean McGrath, Manhattan College
2010 Constantine Spanos, City College of New York
2010 Anthony Vasile, City College of New York
2009 Allison Magnano, Columbia University
2009 Mohammed Khan, City College of New York
2009 Barry Cumberbatch, NYC College of Technology
2009 Jafar Haider, City College of New York
2009 Saskiha Hoyte, NYC College of Technology
2008 James Banner, Columbia University
2008 Dennis Lowenwirth, Manhattan College
2008 Thomas Moorhoff, Polytechnic University
2008 Shivani Patel, Polytechnic University
2008 Kathryn Chiarelli, Glen Rock High School
2008 Brian Paupst, Walter Panas High School
2007 Luis Alberto Garcia, NYC College of Technology
2007 Andrew Karl, Manhattan College
2007 Heather Lockhart, Columbia University
2007 Elizabeth Petsios, Saint Francis Prep High School
2007 Jessica Puliafico, Manhattan College
2007 Matthew Scimonelli, Manhattan College
2006 Yurintzy Estrada, City College of New York
2006 Rachel Lavon, Duke University
2006 Jacquelyn Tookmanian, Manhattan College
2006 Stacy Cruickshank, NYC College of Technology
2006 Valentina Ponochovnaya, City College of New York
2005 Sarah FitzMaurice, Manhattan College
2005 Pavel Nikulin, Cooper Union
2005 Barbara Miller, NYC College of Technology
2005 Mitza Zobenica, City College of New York
2005 Gabriel Giles, Columbia University
2005 Katherine Alfredo, Cooper Union
2004 Armir Taraj, Cooper Union
2004 Elda Bruza, Polytechnic University
2004 Yaye Mah Boye, Polytechnic University
2004 Kate Hofer, Cooper Union
2003 Evan Lapointe, Cooper Union
2003 Brent Lee Shue Ling, City College of New York
2002 Jonathan Saukin, Manhattan College
2002 Donna Plante, Cooper Union
2000 Julie Yun, Columbia University
1998 Diane Toy, Cooper Union
1995 Jonathan Armbruster, Cooper Union
1994 James Allen, Manhattan College
1993 Armindo Monteiro, Manhattan College
1992 Kerry Anne Donohue, Manhattan College
1992 Tracy A. DelGaudio, Manhattan College
1990 Thomas R. Amoia, Manhattan College