LIB Recognizes Life Members at April Technical Meeting
On April 19, 2012, the Long Island Branch held its final technical meeting of the year at Domenico's and recognized its newly inducted life members. ASCE LIB congratulates the following members:
- Gilberto Diaz, PE, M ASCE
- Martin J. Fradua, PE, F ASCE
- Henry W. Hessing, PE, F ASCE
- Joseph R. Jenal, PE, M ASCE
- Lawrence F. Levy, PE, M ASCE
- Kent H. Picken, PE, M ASCE
- Joseph G. Scariza, PE, M ASCE
- Robert C. Spatny, PE, M ASCE
- Charles H. Weidner, PE, M ASCE
- Robert B. Welner, PE, M ASCE
At the event, Kathleen M. Ogden, Senior Landscape Architect at VHB discussed "The Long Island Motor Parkway Master Plan." Ms. Ogden provided the history of the Long Island Motor Parkway from Great Neck South High School in Lake Success to the Old Bethpage Restoration Village in Old Bethpage. She also discussed the Master Plan and the various redevelopment options from pedestrian only paths to shared options with vehicles.
The development of the master plan required the team to inventory existing conditions, understand the ownership of property along the original Long Island Motor Parkway right-of-way, and ensure community involvement. The final design of the first segment is currently underway.